Parenting ADHD Experts Library, Vol. 1
39 ADHD and Parenting Experts Share Insights and Strategies to Empower You to Help Your Child Thrive</br></br></br>
About this Library
You have forever access to all the 2018 Parenting ADHD Summit sessions, the companion Empowerment Workbook, the downloadable bonuses offered by every one of the masters, and access to the Exclusive Empowerment Facebook Support Group.
"Being in the early stages of our journey with an ADHD child, I have often felt as though I don’t know where to begin. I didn’t know how to reconcile the diagnosis with what I see in my child. This Summit has provided me with many avenues to explore and consider as we move forward. It was comforting and reassuring to hear a consistent overarching message of encouragement and positivity, as well as having specific and detailed information that I can apply to my situation. What a valuable opportunity! Thank You!!!" — Tanya, U.S
"Thanks so much for the Summit. It’s been so helpful. It’s difficult to choose one aha moment as all the speakers were amazing. Loved it all; even listening in from England and getting up at 4 am every morning to take notes! Bless you Penny for all your hard work over the years that has culminated in helping so many others." — Helen, England
What You'll Learn
The ADHD Brain
The ADHD brain works differently than the neurotypical brain. Learn how it actually works, and how to work with it instead of fighting it.
Parenting Strategies for ADHD
Traditional parenting strategies and expectations simply don’t work for kids with ADHD. Learn the approaches that do work, and what really matters.
Behavior & Lagging Skills
Behavior is often the most prominent ADHD symptom, but it’s not the primary focus. Learn what your child’s behavior is telling you, and how to improve it.
Treating the Whole Child
ADHD treatment is paramount, of course. In addition, a child’s overall physical health and wellness affect their ADHD and life experience.
Self-esteem and experiencing successes are crucial to your child’s mental and emotional wellbeing. Learn how to influence both.
ADHD at School
Kids with ADHD struggle immensely in school, because it’s structured for neurotypical brains. Learn how your child can have academic success, too.
StartUnderstanding Emotions, Stress, and the Brain to Understand Behavior, with Sarah Wayland, PhD (62:15)
StartDefining the Three Types of ADHD: What ADHD Is and What It Isn’t, with Marilyn Griffin, MD (47:26)
StartUnderstanding the Adolescent Brain: Raise Competent, Resilient Teens, with Sharon Saline, PsyD (45:11)
StartHow the ADHD Experience is Different for Girls, with Linda Roggli, PCC (42:51)
StartThe Truth About Video Games, Screen Time and ADHD, with Randy Kulman, PhD (60:45)
StartYour Strategic Plan to Optimize Your Child’s Potential, with Devon MacEachron, PhD (45:27)
This expert library will empower you to help your child… and your entire family.
"The Summit was absolutely amazing!! I learned to make more time for myself to replenish, believe it or not! I always felt guilty if I took time out just to look up research on the computer or read a book. I also learned that my son playing video games may not be a bad thing. Lastly, I am definitely not alone — hearing all the speakers talk about their journeys was comforting. Thank you for putting on an awesome Summit." — Frances, Australia
"I had no idea where to go from all the things tried and failed. There’s no map, no game board with a clear path to Home, no written instructions to follow. We’re stumbling around in the dark, just hoping to figure this out. Thank you for this Summit and for being a light." — Melissa, U.S.
- BOOK EXCERPT: How Children Thrive, By Mark Bertin MD
- PRINTABLE: Pre-Appointment Parent Checklist, from Marilyn Griffin, MD
- PRINTABLE: Getting S.M.A.R.T. About Educational Goals from Carolyn D’Argenio
- PRINTABLE: 5 Ways to Think Outside the Box Infographic, from Roberto Olivardia, PhD
- PRINTABLE: 5 Power Tools to Au-mazing Self Care, from Dr. Alisha Griffith
- E-BOOK: Is Plastic Making You Fat and Anxious?, from Mira Dessy
- E-BOOK: Try Harder, from Suzanne Cresswell, OT, PT
- MINI-WORKSHOP: Rediscovering Who You Are, from Vikki Spencer
- VIDEO: Get Screen Smart: Tips and Tools for Managing Your Child’s Media Distractions, from Leslie Josel
- WORKSHEET: Create Your Parenting Vision, from Penny Williams
- E-BOOK: Parenting Chaos, by Shawna Wingert
- E-BOOK: Learn the 5 Steps to a Healthy, Happy Child from the Inside Out, by Dr. Elisa Song
- PRINTABLE: 10 Tips to Bridge Expectation and Capability, by Holly Moses, MS, BCBA, LPC, LPA
- CHECKLIST: Parent Evaluation of Executive Function, from Devon MacEachron, PhD
- VIDEO: The ADHD Parent Manual, from ImpactADHD
- PRINTABLE: Talking with Kids about Suicide and Lives Worth Living, from Jonathan Singer, PhD, LCSW
- BOOK EXCERPT: Differently Wired, By Debbie Reber
- GUIDE: Quick Guide to Leading a Small Support Group, by Rev. Mantu Joshi
- DISCOUNT: 14% off the Parenting with Impact Video Series, from Dr. Edward Hallowell
- BOOK EXCERPT: What Your ADHD Child Wishes You Knew, by Sharon Saline, PsyD
- PRINTABLE: “Navigating the Perfect Storm” article, by Robert Tudisco, Esq.
- E-BOOK: Predictable Solutions For ADHD Medications, by Dr. Charles Parker
- E-BOOK: Being Happy, Raising Happy, by Maureen Lake
- WORKSHEET: Flare-Up Solutions, by Sarah Wayland, PhD
- WORKSHEET: Mindfulness Regulation Activity, by Robert Cox, LPC, NCC, CCTP
- RESOURCE LIST: Top 8 Tech Tools for Struggling Learners, from Jennifer Choi, MS
- E-WORKBOOK: Medical Info Toolkit, from Terry Matlen, ASCW
- PRINTABLE: See & Feel Time, from Ari Tuckman, PsyD, MBA
- PRINTABLE: A Quadruple “P” Approach to EF Difficulty, Session Overview, from Jim Forgan, PhD
- E-BOOK: 30 Helpful Tips About ADHD for Students, by Ben Glenn
- SESSION: LearningWorksLive Session, with Randy Kulman
- WORKSHEET: Find Your Child’s Strengths Worksheet, from Colleen Kessler, M.Ed.
- DISCOUNT: $50 off Mother's Right of Passage Coaching Session, from Julie Neale
- VIDEO: Breathing Technique to Emotionally Regulate, from Jackie Flynn, EDS, LMHC, RPT